It’s no secret I love avocados. I start most mornings with toast, avocado and a little bit of lemon or lime. Yum! As a matter of fact if I am out to breakfast or traveling I have been known to go off menu and ask for that there too. Sometimes I will ask for a side of grilled tomato sometimes not, on this stage its avocado that is the star!
Yes they have fat – the good kind that does not end up around your waist. Avocados are high in monounsaturated fat, AKA the good kind. This type of fat is the same heart healthy kind found in Olive oil.
Here are some ways to add avocados to your diet today!
- Avocado toast for breakfast – I like mine with a little lemon, or lime
- Add some to your morning smoothie
- Top off your salad
- For that matter top off your veggie burger or sandwich
- Guacamole – hello!
- make an avocado based salad dressing by blending with water, olive oil, and any spices you like
- Making some veggie chili this weekend? Some crackers and a few avocado slices go great with your spicy bowl