It seems like every one is talking about Coconut oil, here are my reasons why its great for you, and what you should do with it!
Using Coconut Oil in your cooking can give you added energy! Coconut Oil has medium chain triglycerides – unlike their long chain relatives found in meat and dairy, these MCT’s are not stored in your body, they high tail it to your liver where the get to work converting into energy. 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil per day increases energy levels by 5%!
It’s a anti-microbial, It kills viruses, bacteria, protozoa, and fungi by dissolving their cellular walls. Adding a daily serving to to your diet can increase your body’s resistance to illness, improve digestive health, and even help to heal ulcers of the stomach lining.
Coconut oil Reduces Belly fat! Isn’t that reason enough to add it to your grocery list? It regulates your appetite and improves digestion, making it much easier to reduce your daily intake of calories and lose weight at a healthy rate.
It is a natural mood enhancer. Coconut oil helps you to feel more motivated and energetic which can also assist with weight loss. Coconut oil aids in balancing hormones that reduce stress and anxiety – two of the leading causes of weight gain.
Its great for your hair and skin too! Full of vitamin E, coconut oil is a great moisturizer that helps to heal damaged skin, and reduces signs of aging. Coconut oil offers natural protection from harmful UV rays for both skin and hair.
Whether you use it for hair, skin, or both, it smells fantastic!!
Now that you know why you should love it, here is what to do with it!
- Add a few tablespoons to your smoothies, sandwiches, or salads. Any where you would use butter or oil. Its amazing for a stir fry!
- It makes a great deep conditioner for your hair! A little goes a long way on this one, 1 tablespoon is plenty for most.
- Use it as a butter replacement for baking.
- Its a natural lotion. Rub it into your skin for head to toe moisture.
- Use it instead of shave cream, for a nice close shave that doesn’t dry you out!
- Tame your frizzy hair!
- Try it to remove your eye make up.
- Season your cast iron skillet.
- Calms skin after sun burn.
- It reduces the itch of mosquito bites!
- On cuticles to help nails grow.
Have you tried Coconut Oil?